You need to consider what sort of site is best for your project. Specific requirements will vary depending on your project but below are some aspects to think about.
- How accessible will it need to be e.g. for those with limited mobility?
- Will nearby public transport be needed?
- What time of day and which days of the week will you be carrying out your activities?
- Does the site open or close at certain times?
- How large a space will you need?
- Will you need services such as water and electricity?
- What about drinking water, hand washing and access to toilets?
- Is there any shelter from bad weather?
- Will you be able to cover any charges for using the site?
- If not, what other benefits might your activity bring to the site?
- Are there any hazards e.g. broken glass, sharps, uneven ground, hidden trip hazards, underground/overhead services, unstable structures?
- Are there any soil contamination issues?
- Is there any anti-social behaviour?
- Is the site secure?
- Is there secure storage available?
- Are there any local issues that may need addressing?
- Are there people nearby who may be impacted by your project?
- Is anyone nearby interested in getting involved?